First off, I can't believe I'm so far behind in posting. Life has just been stuck on hyper-speed. Over the past two months, we have been trying to finish up our life here in Alaska and transition back home to Texas. Jerry received his VA percentages for medical retirement, and he gets to close the Army chapter of his life on July 24, 2014.
Whew.
This is a big step for our family, but a huge milestone and accomplishment for Jerry. He has served nearly 19 years between the US Army and Air Force. I'm so thankful for everything he has sacrificed, and truly proud to be his wife.
On top of this wonderful news, I also found out I have been accepted into TWU for the Fall of 2014. I have been blessed with the opportunity to return to school and pursue my Master of Science in Nursing, and ultimately, become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. (Eek!)
Now, back to the most important aspect of our life. As of now, Ellie has done a lot and changed so much! Most importantly, we have successfully had a breastfeeding relationship for EIGHT months. I remember wanting to give up after day three...then week two....and so forth. Breastfeeding is not easy at first, but it does get there. And is totally worth it. So don't give up! Ok, hopping off my little soap box.
Here she is at 7 months. She is: wearing size 9 months and up, loves to be a daredevil (hanging upside down to top the list), learning to clap and reach, rolling is her chosen method of transportation...and she thoroughly enjoys picking up little things and putting them in her mouth.
Fast-forward one month.
At 8 months Ellie has developed her own style of crawling. It's a mix between army and bear crawling, and completely adorable. She's growing like crazy, wearing size 12 months and up. Her legs are super long! She loves to eat whatever momma and dada are eating, drinking out of cups, and watching Little Einstein's and Jeopardy (genius baby already!)
I seriously can't believe how quickly the time goes. It can be heartbreaking at times, but such an exhilarating ride too.
Cliché alert. Being a mom is the best job I've ever had. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Am I utterly exhausted? Of course. Between juggling home life, a full-time job, breastfeeding/pumping, long distance family, and my sweet girl....there is simply not enough hours in the day.
(And to think I'm going to throw graduate work on top of that...sheesh, I'm not sure what I'm thinking).
Point is: I wouldn't change a thing. Ellie has been the greatest gift.
My next post will showcase our 6 month milestone pictures of Ellie in Alaska. She was technically 7.5 months, but it was still too cold to do an outdoor session when she was 6 months old.


No comments:
Post a Comment