Three. Months. Old.
I should be returning to work, but that's not as easy as it sounds. When I was sent home on light duty at 28 weeks pregnant, I was itching to go back to work. Now, the thought of being separated from Ellie was just overwhelming. I just couldn't do it. So, Jerry and I discussed the pros & cons of returning to work this early, and decided it was best to stay home.
Ellie is approximately 15 pounds based on our home scale. She is starting to enjoy tummy time (as compared to the screaming fits and leg kicking she used to exhibit). She is starting to give big, toothless grins more often. Sleeping more through the night. Learning to sit up in our Bumbo.
Three months of successful breastfeeding. What does that mean? It means I deserve the Bronze Boob award. Apparently, my next award is at six months and is silver. Regardless, these are made-up achievements. But after all of the struggle and sacrifice, a bronze award sounds pretty cool right now.
Oh, I also started babywearing. This may have been started last month, but I'm not sure. The K'Tan is super easy to use, and was great for around the house chores. We upgraded to the Ergo and loved it for grocery shopping! Ellie was obviously very comfortable...she was asleep within minutes and slept throughout the trip.
Parenting is definitely a learn-as-you-go. Babies cry. A lot. Eventually you learn what each cry means. If after eating, clean diapering, etc. and Ellie was still upset, Dad could always do the trick.
This month, we got to meet Santa and open presents. Jerry and I were both grinches and did not set up a tree or hang lights. I did put up a few decorations, including stockings, but other than that...nada. Thankfully, Ellie doesn't know the difference and her next Christmas we will be home with family and it will be like she never missed anything. Here are our Christmas pictures. Santa was so excited he was able to hold her!
Our Christmas dress that Lulu sent us!
A true Alaskan Santa. Complete with the Fur Boots.
It's hard being a little one. Cloth diapers and baby legs, the best around the house outfit.






No comments:
Post a Comment