October 30th. One month down, a lifetime to go. As an avid Pinterest-er, I had all these ideas of how to do these cute monthly updates. But, it's not as easy as it looks.
Looking back, my heart is overflowing with love.
Breastfeeding. Wow. No wonder so many women give up in the first few days after delivery. It is supposed to be this easy, "natural" thing your body does. Well, it's not easy. It is natural, yes, but that doesn't make it feel any less awkward. Or painless for that matter. I seriously didn't understand why women would want a second, third, etc. baby after the trials of a first. Ellie ate for 45 min - 1 hr every two hours. So, I had an hour before I was strapped back down to be this 'milk cow'. (I truly felt like a cow, and that was all I was good for). Thankfully now, after a few months of successful breastfeeding with all of its ups and downs, I love the bond we have developed... and feel far from a milk cow!
Ellie did all normal one-month old things: eating, sleeping and pooping. A LOT of pooping. I have never seen so many dirty diapers. It was quite comical. Because she was such an avid pooper, Jerry refused to change her diapers, for fear of having it touch his hand. I think he changed one diaper while she was itty-bitty. (He's changed 3 her whole life, so far). The first time he changed her, he didn't put it on tight enough and had poop down the front of him.
She was also really good with head control-from the get-go. Her favorite things were her soothie lamb, being rocked by daddy, and bright lights. She hated, hated, hated bath time and diaper changes. She pooped throughout bath-time, screaming her head off. Also, while changing her diaper, she would poop on you mid change, or right after you got a clean diaper under her.
As hard as this month was, I wouldn't change a thing. A day after her "month" birthday, was her first Halloween. So, Happy Halloween!



No comments:
Post a Comment